JOB TITLE: Senior Engineering Associate - Process Technology
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Principal Engineer, Process Technology
Ingredion has an excellent opportunity for an experienced process technology professional to join our team. The Senior Engineering Associate will support New Product and Process Development as well as Process & Product support projects targeted at manufacturing cost savings and troubleshooting. In this position you will be leading or supporting projects across multiple businesses, with special emphasis on novel Process Development and sustainable manufacturing challenges.
As a Senior Engineering Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading efforts in defining process requirements from pilot scale to commercialization of new products. Monitoring post launch production and evaluating process capability to enable routine production.
- Progressing and driving Lean Product Development principles (DFSS) in New Product Development activities.
- Collaborating with business units, manufacturing and multi-functional teams to commercialize new products/processes, as well as solving problems and optimizing processes.
- Developing technologies to modify and/or replace existing manufacturing processes and to produce new products.
- Exploring extraction and purification technologies and advancing biotechnology technologies to make new products.
- Evaluating and recommending new technologies to improve pilot plant capabilities.
- Recording meaningful technical information in a timely fashion. Preparing lab, pilot and plant scale trial reports & crafting in an electronic database.
- Preparing & maintaining updated task level project plans. Actively participating in project team meetings, and providing status updates on project plans & achievements. Making formal presentations at project, technology review, and leadership meetings.
The position is well-suited for you if you:
- Conduct both Research & Manufacturing oriented projects
- Constructively get along with colleagues across a wide variety of disciples
- Handle and lead both long-term development projects and short-term problem solving needs
Qualified candidates will have:
- MS/PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Engineering with 3 to 6+ years of process development experience.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as biotechnology and fermentation are a plus.
- Expertise in project management and six sigma methodology a Plus.
- Demonstrated ability to run multiple projects independently
- Critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness for overnight travel (20-25%)
Relocation Available? Within country Considered
Job Grade: G
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.