Ingredion is seeking a creative and talented candidate to join our North America Learning & Development (NA L&D) team as a Instructional Design Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters based in Westchester, Illinois.
The ideal candidate will have opportunities to apply their learning content expertise, with subject matter experts (SME’s) to generate learning content to a digital format. This position will be focused on supporting implementation of learning programs in the United States and Canada.
As a Instructional Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Advising subject matter experts (SMEs) and US/Canada learning community on the viability of various instructional options.
- Working with SMEs and North America learning community to generate or update digital eLearning content using various technologies (such as Articulate 360, video, audio, etc.).
- Ensuring implementation is fully user-tested from an instructional standpoint and digital delivery standpoint before go live.
- Partnering with the Manager, Learning and Development and various Business Leaders (including Environmental, Health, Safety, Quality, Human Resources/Compliance, Customer Experience, Reliability) each year to establish the annual curriculum for the United States and Canada.
- Being a partner with the North America learning community regarding ongoing implementation of the annual curriculum and communication to users.
- Working closely with the Global learning and development team to ensure digital content is aligned with the global blueprint.
- Performing ongoing maintenance of Workday LMS for US/Canada in the following ways:
- Loading content and managing course content updates to ensure on-time delivery.
- Deploying externally procured digital learning content based on needs assessments.
- Managing and maintaining Workday LMS curricula and courses as needed.
- Running reports and conducting analysis to monitor key metrics and drive adoption.
- Assisting US/Canada users with Workday LMS inquiries and requests
- Creating and maintaining employee training records for Instructor-Led Training
The Instructional Design Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Challenge the status quo by offering ideas to make things better, faster and with value creation in mind.
- Readily help colleagues by sharing knowledge, expertise and providing support.
- Adapt and support others through change, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions that exceed customer expectations.
Qualified candidates will have:
- At least 5 years' experience in working with technical and other professionals to develop learning content.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to establish and leverage relationships with business subject matter experts.
- Strong project management and attention to details and experience coordinating eLearning content.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at once.
- Demonstrated experience in developing learning for deployment on learning management systems.
- Familiarity with range of digital learning alternatives and authoring tools available.
- A technical and/or instructional design and digital learning background.
- A customer service oriented mindset with the proven ability to effectively engage with employees at all levels to create a positive learning environment.
- A high degree of initiative and be a self-starter who takes responsibility for personal decisions, actions, and results.
- Creativity and innovation in approaching new situations and opportunities.
Relocation Available? No / If internal employee, will consider remaining at current location.
Job Grade: F
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $6 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.