Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ingredion is hiring a Reliability Engineer to drive improvements in the performance of maintenance processes by facilitating plant-wide maintenance/reliability initiatives, executing projects to improve reliability and efficiency, and providing leadership and technical direction.
As a Reliability Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Complying with all plant safety policies, guidelines, standards and requirements including active participation in plant safety meetings, completion of all required safety tasks and ensuring safe work practices for self and others.
- Complying with all plant regulatory, ISO, Quality, Food Safety systems, GMP policies, guidelines, standards and requirements.
- Developing and maintain a thorough understanding of the equipment/process in order to effectively repair equipment and assist/recommend operational and mechanical improvements.
- Ensurring that plant maintenance activities are focused and well-coordinated in order to drive for value added activities through the reduction of non-value added time.
- Promotting world class reliability centered maintenance results by driving continuous improvement through formal root cause analysis, standard word development, and predictive maintenance methodologies.
- Utilize statistical data to find repeat failure modes in critical equipment to help drive better availability in equipment.
- Ensure that predictive tools are being utilized and trended to help understand cycle life and shifts in equipment performance.
- Utilize knowledge gained through direct conversation, research and down time to modify and update preventative maintenance tasks that are focused on improving availability and quality of product.
- Work with technicians, planners, supervisors and manufacturing to investigate equipment issues and develop actions to permanently remove failure modes through reengineering, replacement, or observation strategies.
- Develop comprehensive and automated plant maintenance KPI (Key Performance Indicators) protocol and align metrics with overall plant safety, cost, and production goals.
- Be a leader in improving quality performance, emphasizing involvement of suppliers of maintenance supplies and services in meeting plant expectations for GMP and reliability.
- Recommend vendors/contractors for the procurement of materials, equipment, supplies and/or contracting specialized technical services to improve reliability/efficiency.
The Reliability Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Drive customer focus by soliciting feedback from plant personnel and communicate the satisfaction level while providing recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with shift coordinators, planners, other business unit leads to establish a consistent work order processing system in order to prioritize and schedule repair work based on reliability and cost impact.
- Partner with Procurement to manage store room and tool crib activities, establishing goals to improve overall maintenance effectiveness in terms of cost, reliability, and equipment up-time.
- Lead the maintenance organization in proactive improvement of equipment availability and maintenance efficiency; work with units to continually develop and share best practices.
- Interface and assist various departments with the identification of materials required for projects; provide technical guidance to support timely procurement and execution of project activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associates Degree in electrical and/or mechanical discipline with 5 years of experience in a maintenance supervisor, planning and/or reliability engineering preferred; or 10 years’ related experience with a high school diploma or equivalent in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in predictive technologies such as infrared level 2, vibration level 3, and ultra-sonics.
- Certification or willingness to obtain MLA1 and CMRP certifications.
- Lean Six Sigma belt certification or willingness to obtain certification within one year; Green belt required, Black Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Autonomous Maintenance and other improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP, Microsoft products and other computer programs.
- Must have strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills with the ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organization.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: F
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.