TITLE: Quality Control Analyst
LOCATION: Cardinal Facility
REPORTS TO: Refinery Division Manager
Ingredion is currently recruiting for the position of Quality Control Analyst, supporting the Cardinal facility located in Cardinal, Ontario. This position supports the accurate and timely testing of both in process and finished product to meet the needs of customers. Also provides process support to ensure compliance and process parameters.
As a Quality Control Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Prioritizing testing based on business needs and departmental goals.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of laboratory data.
- Creating, investigating and verifying results of “Out of Specification” investigations for process area and lab.
- Calibration, maintenance and repair of laboratory instruments, ensuring calibration records and standards traceable to NIST are maintained where applicable.
- Performance of specialized testing in support of customers and departmental projects.
- Ensuring non-routine testing is performed in an appropriate manner.
- Reviewing lab data for accuracy and trends; communicate concerns to the appropriate parties.
- Administer laboratory proficiency testing program by dispensing appropriate test samples and collating results.
- Implementation of corrective actions because of laboratory investigations or proficiency testing and monitor their effectiveness.
- Revision and updating of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures to meet evolving customer and business needs and developing methodology.
- Staying current with scientific developments in areas of expertise and responsibility.
- Improvement of Quality Assurance and Food Safety through continuous improvement activities.
- Managing and effectively engaging with customers to address customer complaints.
- Working with Operations to identify, investigate and resolve process discrepancies.
- Participation in customer and quality system audits, both internal and third party.
The Quality Control Analyst position is well-suited for you if you:
- Use CI /LSS tools to improve quality and collaborates directly with customers to develop new solutions
- Addresses customer requests and resolve problems with a sense of urgency
- Reviews practices of competitors to identify unique opportunities to meet or exceed quality and food safety practices
- Audit and improves processes and procedures based on the established standards, ensuring corrective actions are taken and fully implemented
- Ability to rapidly learn new skills and expand expertise into other areas of science.
- Can work in a fast paced, diverse team environment.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Possess Strong oral, written, and computer skills.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related field
- General knowledge of microbiology
- Basic knowledge of food safety, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and FSCC 22000
- Experience with analytical chemistry and chromatography
- Good working knowledge of laboratory practices
- Strong oral, written and computational skills.
- Availability for some weekend and after-hours coverage.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.